Monday, September 28, 2009

Personality

People are different from each other in terms of a lot of things. I think that especially the personality each person has is very diverse. It is also not that easy to exactly define someone's personality in one word because there still exist lots of different figures of it inside individuals. I think we ourselves don't recognize all the personalities we have. Some people say that a person's appearance fully reflects his or her personality, so the first impression is very important. I partly support this point, but I don't think it is completely right. Of course, I also have been judging somebody by his or her appearance and facial expression at first. I know it's kind of prejudice, but it's really hard to get over. When I see some guy who usually frowns his face, I'm likely to consider him not a very nice guy even though I really don't know him. However, I often find out that he is actually a really nice person once I get closed to him. The better I get to know him, the more I can find his different personalities. I think judging somebody by his appearance or just one apparent personality might be wrong. Let's find out our friends' another attractions that even he or she doesn't recognize yet.

Q. What is the difference between character and personality?

4 comments:

  1. I found it extremely difficult to know a person in the college. I'm not sure why, but everyone seems to wear an invisible barrier all around his/her body. I hated it so much when I first got in the college. And surprisingly, I recently realized that I have been doing the same thing. I'm not sure what i'm afraid of. Maybe it's because of some unpleasant memory in which someone I believed back stabbed me.

    Anyway, the answer to your simple question?
    The word 'character' starts with 'c', and the word 'personality' starts with 'p'.
    Can you please make some more challenging one?:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Somyoung, thanks for your answer! You know that's not what I wanted to hear though, ha ha. I need your help, Ryan! Yep, I also feel like it's really hard to be a real myself from time to time in the university. I don't know why exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To answer your question, "personality" is more general. Actually in your post, I think you probably mean personality. "Character" is more about how people will behave. To say, "he has a good personality" means that I like him and enjoy his company. To say, "he has a good character," means that he is honest and moral.

    R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your specific answer, Ryan! I've modified it:) You have a good personality!

    ReplyDelete