Friday, September 18, 2009

Another myself

The reason why I talked about the clones, all of sudden, the other day was to let you know that I have an identical twin brother as well as the movie 'The Island' is awesome. Of course, he is not my clone, but you know we have the completely same gene. We can even transplant our organs to each other without any rejection. I definitely hope that kind of situation never ever happens to us, though! He and I attended the same elementary school, middle school, high school, and even the same university. We've always been together since we were born. Some of my friends usually say that my twin brother looks much better than me, which I don't accept, but we looked more alike when we both were young. Whenever we walked along the street, people often stared at us as if they saw something mysterious. Every new semester, the teachers got confused with who was who. When we became the fourth grade, we were assigned to the same class. We didn't know many friends at the first day of the new semester, so we couldn't help sitting together. Our friends got surprised to see us and didn't look off from us. According to my mother's request, we got separated into the other classes the next day, but we already got pretty famous in the school since that day. We made a lot of friends because he made his friends in his class and I made my friends in my class. Then, his friends and my friends became our friends because we always hung out together. Our friends often joked asking why we were looking in the mirror whenever we talked to each other face to face. In contrast to American culture, we should call a sibling's name with respect in Korea if he or she is older than us, but I just call his name only even though he was born 2 minutes earlier than me. Actually, I rather consider him as my closest friend than an older brother. We've been spending lots of time doing the same things together. we share any secret or anxiety with each other that we can't tell anybody. We are willing to give advices about it. Since we entered the university, he has been going out with his girlfriend for over 6 years. He tries to have more time with his girlfriend, so I often get jealous of them, but I believe I'm quite used to it now. We are busy doing each other's own things now, so we can't spend as much time together as we did. We quarreled a lot when we were young. We still fight with each other due to something insignificant, but we understand each other's mind better than any other person. (His girlfriend may understand him better than me..;;) He is one of the most precious people and will always be in my entire life. I'd like to thank him for being my twin brother.
I apologize to the people, who got confused by us, for causing some inconvenience:P

Quiz. Which one is me in the pictures?











9 comments:

  1. I think that one is you. I'm so sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw your twin brother for the first time, I was embarassed because I didn't know you have a twin brother :)

    I was happy to play soccer you and your brother yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the left one is you^^

    Anyway, it's really good thing go have sibling.

    I always wish that I had one, too. Actually, an older sister.

    But, I think it would be a little bit wierd if I had an identical brother looks exaltly like me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's interesting. You've had a unique life experience because of that. I'm not sure, but I think the smiling one is you in both pictures: the one on the right in the first picture and the one on the left in the second one. Can you post a more recent picture too? I'm curious how much the two of you look alike these days.

    R

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious about your two guy's characteristic. Same or different?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somyoung is partly right, and Ryan is completely right! How did you know that? You guys are awesome! Yeah, I'll post the picture we recently took soon. Eunjin, I think I'm more lively than my brother:D He is more manly, ha ha. Basically almost same, though. Just a little bit different:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was able to guess because of the smile. That's it :)

    R

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, I've just posted the recent picture I took with my twin brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You two are easy to tell apart, actually. I think it's the hairstyle that makes it especially easy.

    R

    ReplyDelete